Learn More About The Cost And Usage Of Carpet Tiles
The Carpet tiles are a modular form of carpet cut or square carpets cut down as per the desired size. Jan Van Heighten invented carpet tiles in 1951. The earlier use of floor covering was made up of grass, smoothened rocks, baked clay, and fabrics, and after that, various forms of tiles were introduced to give the place a better appearance. A Dutch company commercially invented the first carpet tiles in Amsterdam, Netherlands, where they used horse and hog hair yarn and turned them into fabrics to create the carpet tiles. In this article, the readers and viewers will learn about the cost, sizes available, and manufacturing process of carpet tiles in Tampa,FL.
Tampa is a city near the Gulf Coast region that meets up with the Gulf of Mexico in the state of Florida in the United States of America. This city is the administrative head of Hillsborough County. Settlement in this city started in 1823; later on, on 18th January 1849, this place got recognition as a village, but later on 15th December 1855, this city finally got incorporated as a city so that the citizens could finally participate in the governmental general elections for choosing the President of America.
What is used to create a carpet tile?
A carpet tile that is commercially made consists of five layers-
- The bottommost layer of a carpet tile is recycled vinyl composite. Here different materials are used to create a recycled vinyl tile where wastes like old tires, power lines, copper wires, and PVC are.
- The fourth layer is fiberglass-reinforced plastic. This is a composite material where a polymer matrix is reinforced with fibers such as glass, carbon, basalt, paper, wood, etc.
- The third layer is another layer of recycled vinyl composite.
- The second layer is to precoat with antimicrobial preservatives like phenol or benzyl alcohol.
- The first or the topmost layer of a carpet tile is non-woven primary backing.
Cost of carpet tile-
Carpet tiles cost $ 1 to $ 5 per square foot, and their installation may charge $ 2 to $ 5 per square foot.
Size available for carpet tiles-
Sizes like 48 cm by 48 cm, 50 cm by 50 cm, 60 cm by 60 cm, and 96 cm by 96 cm.
To conclude, the abovementioned article clearly defines different facts about carpet tiles.